Recent KVHC News
Welcome to Katahdin Valley Health Center
Since 1974, Katahdin Valley Health Center (KVHC) has provided high quality, cost effective primary health care services to community members throughout the Katahdin Region. Our health centers are very much like private physicians’ offices where a person calls to schedule an appointment for a variety of reasons to be seen by a medical or dental provider within a timely manner. This is where the similarity ends. KVHC does not discriminate based on one’s ability to pay. Our fees are low and we offer significant discounts to low income, uninsured or under-insured citizens. We also maintain agreements with other agencies to provide further discounts for their services. We honor most insurance plans and can enroll in new ones, if necessary. Unlike a private physician’s office, if your household income qualifies under federal guidelines, you could be eligible for reduced fees – perhaps as little as $10 for an entire visit.
In House Services
- Family Medicine
- Men & Women’s Health
- Podiatry (Patten & Houlton)
- Optometry (Patten & Houlton)
- Pediatric & Adult Dental
- Mental Health Counseling
- Prescription Assistance
- Occupational Medicine
- Diabetes Education
- Ambulance Services –ACLS Emergency Medical Services
- Aroostook Mental Health Center (AMHC) - Counseling services for families and individuals
- Community Health and Counseling Services - Information, list of agencies, children’s services, adult mental health services and home health services for Maine communities
- Health Services Foundation - Financial support of equipment,program and educational needs
- Houlton Regional Hospital - Provide a wide array of services
- Millinocket Regional Hospital - Provide a wide array of services
- Mountain Heights Health Care –Nursing Home facility providing 24-hour nursing support
- People Helping People –Local volunteer organization providing transportation for people that would otherwise be housebound
- Visiting Nurses of Aroostook (VNA) –Provides home-care services
Katahdin Valley Health Center will provide community accessible, quality healthcare with compassion and dignity.
Katahdin Valley Health Center will be the provider of choice within our communities, responsive to the healthcare environment while serving as the voice and vehicle for promoting healthcare access to all.