Teamwork is great but we recognize that a great team consists of unique individuals so there is no one-size-fits-all approach to recognizing contributions. Management at Katahdin Valley Health Center is committed to excellence and this is one way we like to reward our employees. We offer both Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year recognition.
2013/2014 Employee Of The Month Awards:
Tina McNinch is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for April 2014!
Tina has been nominated (by co-workers, providers and her manager) one of who stated that Tina is a tireless Patient Assistance person with unending patience. Recently the Eligibility Department began working on a very important project. They identified over 50% of the patients being seen in our Open Access Clinic do not have an assigned primary care provider. Recognizing how critical it is to a patients overall health and well being to have an assigned PCP the patient assistance team went to work. They brainstormed a new process which included an approach, tools; follow up steps with each patient and a tracking process to identify areas of success and opportunity going forward.
Tina’s manager stated “When I think of the definition of an employee of the month I immediately think of our Mission and our Vision statement. We will be the provider of choice within our communities, responsive to the healthcare environment while serving as the voice and vehicle for promoting healthcare access to all. Tina emulates our mission each and every day. She comes in with a smile and an amazing attitude that truly determines our success with creating access for all; to our patients she is the face of KVHC. When approached with this new process there was no thought given to the additional work that was being added to her day. Her sole focus was how can we improve and ensure we are offering these patients a medical home. In my experience, the number one item that determines true success is a positive attitude, and Tina has it! I walked away feeling inspired and extremely happy to be a member of the KVHC team because of her approach and enthusiasm to help our patients.”
Shaun Barrows is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for March 2014!
Shaun was nominated for all of the additional hard work he has conducted since the departure of the CFO. Shaun has been the “glue” holding the Finance Department together and has demonstrated such by stepping up to the plate in a huge way in KVHC’s time of need without consideration of his own personal needs or schedule. The transition of any key management position is critical for any organization. Shaun’s own initiative and the investment of his personal time (in researching and learning areas of the Finance Department that are completely new to him, which needed attention), along with his regular duties including Payroll- which is no easy task- are examples of his dedication. Shaun is the real reason KVHC is in a better place today and able to survive and endure this transition.
- Kimberly Boulier is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for February 2014!
- Jennifer Stevens is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for January 2014!
- Jayde Shannon is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for December 2013!
- Terri Bouchard is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for November 2013!
- Joe Montgomery is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for October 2013!
- Irene Curry is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for September 2013!
- Kimberly Boulier is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for August 2013!
- Charity Rudge is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for July 2013!
- Sonya Andrick is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for June 2013!
- Jessica Glidden is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for May 2013!
- Laurie Jameson is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for April 2013!
- Megan Day is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for March 2013!
- Jaime Stanley is KVHC’s Employee of the Month for February 2013!